“What does jawn even mean?” “Steak and cheese sandwich”
When you’ve been in Philadelphia for a long time, you know the city pretty much like the back of your hand. This also means that some things that happen are extremely annoying but that people from outside the city may not relate to. We asked our Facebook and Instagram followers what annoys a Philadelphian in five words or less, and they did not hold back!
1. Trash pickup was delayed again
2. Where’s 14th street?
3. I grew up in Philly… is from Phoenixville
4. “The parkway is closed” and/or “Septa is on strike”
5. What’s a Mummer?
6. ‘Jawn’ isn’t actually a word.
7. What’s up with your mascots?
8. Pat’s makes the best cheesesteaks
9. Genos has the best cheesesteaks
10. You threw snowballs at Santa
11. Ben Simmons is a treasure
12. What does jawn even mean?
13. Not called a MAC machine
14. It’s not wooder, it’s water.
15. One word is all you need….. Dallas
16. Green peppers on cheesesteaks
17. Sheets is better than Wawa
18. They’re called sprinkles, not jimmies
19. Philadelphia Parking Authority
20. You can not park here
21. How about them Cowboys
22. Steak and cheese sandwich
23. You have to take 76
24. Philly is like Brooklyn.
25. It’s called a sub
27. Construction traffic on 95
28. Swiss on a cheesesteak
29. There is always next season…..
30. Rocky is my favorite Philadelphian.
[Featured image: @cosmophotograma / Instagram]