The deadline to enter is September 1st!
To celebrate the autumn and the upcoming spooky season that haunts Halloween time, Peddler’s Village is preparing to spook the demons away, but they need your help! Scarecrows are notorious for not only keeping crows from eating the seeds of newly planted crops but also scaring away any spirit looking for a new habitat to haunt. Annually, Peddler’s hosts a scarecrow contest, and it is back for another year!
Everyone is invited to design a scarecrow according to the seven categories;
- Traditional; create a classic farmer’s scarecrow
- Quite the character; a scarecrow based on a media character
- Thrills with chills; design the scariest scarecrow you can
- Myth, and lore; create a scarecrow based on a god, hero, or beast
- Upcycled crow; make one only with trash
- Pink out!; it has to be all, an initiative to promote breast cancer
- Kids only scarecrow; for 12-year-olds and under, make a scarecrow based on a storybook character
The deadline to enter the scarecrow competition is September 1, so there is still some time to register. Cash prizes will be given to the top four winners as well as to two honorable mentions. The first place winner receives, $500, the second place winner, $250, the third place winner, $150, and the fourth place winner $100 and the honorable mentions get $50. Voting will take place through the Peddler’s Village app from September 6 to October 11. Let your creativity soar and think outside the box when designing!
“‘All the same,’ said the Scarecrow,’ I shall ask for brains instead of a heart; for a fool would not know what to do with a heart if he had one.'”
Where: 2400 Street Road New Hope, PA 18938 United States
[Featured image: @peddlersvillage/ Instagram]