Cue the disco music, we’re going roller skating Philly!
A fun new addition is rolling into Dilworth Park this month. The new Rothman Orthopaedics Roller Rink will offer outdoor roller skating at Dilworth Park from Friday, April 30 through Sunday, June 27 and it’s going to be fabulous!
The new, retro-inspired rink will feature a checkerboard floor and marker lights for a totally groovy time, as well as a colorful installation of overhead hula hoops designed by Philly’s Lucky Dog studio for an added whimsical touch.
Once you’re done skating to your heart’s content make sure to pop by Dilworth’s Air Grille pop-up beer garden. Here you’ll be able to relax and replenish your energy with libation such as double-stacked bacon burgers and nacho fries. And to wash it all down, the pop-up is offering refreshing Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer, tasty to-go cocktails made with Hornito’s tequila and even frozen cocktails with Haku Japanese Vodka for those 21 and older.
To ensure guests’ safety and control the rink capacity for skaters, CCD officials recommend that rink patrons book sessions in advance through the rink’s online reservation system. Limited in-person sales may be offered onsite. Patrons will be able to purchase locks and reserve lockers.
Of course, new health and safety measures have also been implemented to prevent the spread of coronavirus. These include obligatory face coverings and social distancing for all skaters entering the rink. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Mask Up: Masks are required in the roller rink area.
- Socks: Socks are required while using Rental Skates
- Rent a Locker: Shoes will not be stored by rink staff when renting skates. We encourage you to rent a locker to secure your shoes and personal belongings. CCD and Rink Management Services are not responsible for lost or stolen items that were not properly secured.
- Check In: Signage will direct guests through the check-in process and skate rental.
- Arrive Early: Queue line will be open 15 minutes prior to your designated skating session. Please arrive early to ensure time for check in and allow for maximum time on the rink.
- Leave Promptly: When your skating session ends, please leave the rink area within 15 minutes, to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next session.
The new Rothman Orthopaedics Roller Rink will be offering hour-long sessions to the public from 11 a.m. to 8:45 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and from 11 a.m. to 11:15 p.m., Friday through Saturday, with a 15-minute buffer in between sessions. Admission is $8 for children 10 and younger and $10 for adults; roller skate rental is $5. Matinee Skate will offer $5 off of admission to guests of all ages on Mondays and Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.