Beer lovers unite!
After Philly Restaurant Week and Center City District Sips, introducing the annual Philly Beer Week taking place June 4 to June 13!
With the many beer gardens and breweries in Philly, not to mention the city’s rich history in beer making, Beer Week is a big deal for Philadelphians! This 10 day event is organized by Philly Loves Beer, a nonprofit organization that has the goal “to create a beer-literate consumer through educational events that will empower the consumer to participate in Philly’s rich brewing culture.”
Beer Week is also a strategy to get the public to support local breweries, especially after the pandemic that has been hard on restaurant service workers. With that being said, many fun events are planned in the upcoming days:
- Ploughman Cider Summer Concert Series happening all day Friday, June 4 at the National Apple Museum
- Enjoy a cider with your brunch at Standard Tap, all day Saturday, June 5. Then on Sunday have a sour ale with your brunch.
- On Tuesday, June 8 at Thirsty Dice, they will be serving exclusive draft beer and with every purchase, you enter their raffle to win the brewery’s swag.
- Participate in a beer themes trivia night at Johnny Goodtimes on June 8 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Show up earlier for their happy hour from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- And so many more fun events throughout the week!
Sip on a delightful cold pint, enjoy these festive events, and relish the beautiful summer weather approaching!
Here is an article with suggestions on local beer gardens to visit in Philly, so further support local businesses.