Van Gogh is not an easy name to pronounce nor is it easy to spell it apparently.
We all still struggle with our Dutch from time to time, especially when it comes to pronouncing the name of Vincent Van Gogh. But one thing we could all agree on until now was how to spell the artist’s name correctly, or so we thought.
Whether it was a mental lapse, a momentary distraction, or unusually fast typing skills that led them to commit these grammatical crimes, the following Twitter users left us baffled, confused and amazed by the many creative ways in which one can spell Van Gogh’s name wrongly. And in honor of the breathtaking Van Gogh immersive exhibit coming to town this June we simply could not go without sharing these 10 tweets with you. So without further ado, here are ten times people misspelled ‘Van Gogh’ that made us chuckle.
1. It’s written “Picasso” but it’s pronounced “Van Gogh”
Any idea how long it takes for a cat ear to grow back? Sunny is a rescue and apparently this was how they marked ferrel cats in this area. Should have named her Picasso. pic.twitter.com/p2WfAcKZWK
— JackStrizzaw (@JackStrawResist) March 3, 2021
2. This user just woke up and chose violence.
at the Van Gogh exhibit in houston loudly saying “Vincent Van Gogg” waiting for a man in skinny jeans to punch me in the face
— thomas (@thomastypo) May 11, 2019
3. So many renowned personalities were affected by epilepsy and apparently so was Vincent Can Gogh…
historical figures with epilepsy
-alexander the great
-edgar allan poe
-vincent can gogh
— emily haylor manip era (@sunflxwervxl28) February 8, 2021
Some say that Vincent Van Gogh also suffered from epilepsy.
4. Apparently Irving Stone also wrote a biographical novel on the lesser-known Dutchman, Vincent Van High…
Inspiration? Passion? Be inspired by the life of Vincent Van High in the classic biographical novel by Irving Stone. # ebooks #amwriting
— Peter Higgins (@higginspete) October 6, 2016
2. Back at it with Vincent Van High!
I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process. – Vincent Van High
— IG: ms_rammie (@ms_rammie) June 7, 2013
This August, discover the real Van Gogh at the immersive Van Gogh exhibit and 360-degree spectacle coming to Miami that brings the painter’s masterpieces to life!
6. A little artistic license never hurt anybody!
Vincent van Gough
Had one ear, although
That was enough
For Vincent van Gough
— AB (@HashtagSpoon) July 11, 2017
My dad just sent me this and I immediately just went how does he know Van Gough 💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/t6b7w02rZf
— Riley (@basketcase_11) March 3, 2021
8. The extra ‘u’ isn’t what worries us the most about this thread though…We hope, they’re ok.
get a load of vincent van gough over here https://t.co/wsXg00pfUW
— ☀️ (@rendi__m) October 14, 2020
9. Misspellings and missing ears… They go hand in hand.
Vincent Van Gogg, everyone told him you only have one ear, you can't be a great painter. He said, I can't hear you. He was a dreamer.
— Daniel Johns (@blue_berryjohns) June 2, 2013
10. And last but not least, we’ll give this user a pass for their excellent eye for casting, Domnhall Gleeson would make a wonderful Van Gogh.
Someone please cast Domhnall as Vincent Van Gough in a movie I’m begging you pic.twitter.com/hne9kNLpKS
— ellen (@stale_mellon) January 22, 2020