The Holidays are finally making their way to Philadelphia!
While we’re all holding our breath to see what will unfold in Pennsylvania, let alone the rest of the country, we thought we’d bring you a bit of holiday news to cheer you up, because it seems like the holidays are finally on their way in. The Rothman Orthopedics Ice Rink at Dilworth Park will be reopening for the 2020-21 season on Friday, November 6.
The Dilworth Park Ice Rink will be reopening on Friday along with the parks Wintergarden and the Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin, where you’ll be able to enjoy a bevy of savory foods and seasonal drinks, perfect for warming up after your ice skating session.
To ensure guests’ safety and control the rink capacity for skaters, the ice rink has implemented a new online reservation system where guests can book their 90-minute skating sessions. All you need to do is present the QR code you’ll be given with your reservation to get into the rink. Guest can also purchase and reserve lockers to secure and all personal belongings.
Of course, new health and safety measures have also been implemented to prevent the spread of coronavirus. These include obligatory face coverings and social distancing for all skaters entering the rink. Here’s a full blowdown of the new measures:
- Social Distancing: All participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from non-household members, both in the ice rink area and on the ice.
- Mask Up: Masks are required in ice rink area.
- Rent a Locker: Shoes will not be stored by rink staff when renting skates. We encourage you to rent a locker to secure your shoes and personal belongings. CCD and Rink Management are not responsible for lost or stolen items that were not properly secured.
- Check In: Signage will direct guests through the check-in process and skate rental.
- Arrive Early: Queue line will be open 30 minutes prior to your designated skating session. Please arrive early to ensure time for check in and allow for maximum time on the rink.
- Leave Promptly: When your skating session ends, please leave the rink area within 15 minutes, to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next session.
The Rothman Orthopedics Ice Rink will be open until 11 p.m. on opening day, and will remain open through February 28, 2021. Sessions are $7 ($5 for kids 10 & under) and lockers are $10. If you’ve got no skates, you need not fret, rentals are available for $10 and so are skate aids for $15/hour.
See also: Christmas Village Is Coming Back To Town This Month
[Featured image: Instagram / @ccdparks]